The exhaust system is a crucial part of any car using an internal combustion engine. Exhausts are responsible for getting rid of spent/noxious gases, maintaining engine performance, controlling noise, and improving fuel consumption.
In our experience, the key signs that there may be something wrong with your exhaust include:
- a booming, hissing, or rattling noise
- a burning or gassy smell when driving
- reduced fuel-efficiency
- an excessively noisy engine
- decreased power and acceleration
- cracks or holes in the exhaust pipe.
If you have any concerns about the condition of your exhaust, the best thing to do is arrange an appointment with SR Tyres (Tewkesbury) so we can get your vehicle up on the ramp and give it a thorough inspection.